Crowder Consulting is a professional business of consulting engineers, software developers and data analysts. As an SME, we are positioned in a niche area of the water industry, being able to offer our leading Water Network Management System, Netbase, to water operators in the UK and internationally, along with our engineering consultancy, data analytics and field services.
The Role – Graduate or Junior Software Engineer
As a Software Engineer, you’ll work with some of the latest technologies and be involved in the end-to-end software development life cycle. You’ll carry out requirements analysis working closely with our in-house domain experts; designing, developing, and testing components, APIs, and applications; monitoring and supporting operational systems and implementing dev-ops best practice and researching new technologies, prototyping, and bringing innovation to our solutions.
As a Junior or Graduate Software Engineer, you’ll benefit from:
- A competitive salary (dependent upon your experience, skills, and qualifications)
- Permanent contract, working 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, with flexible start times between 8am and 10am and finish times between 4:30pm and 6:30pm
- Employer contributory pension scheme
- Annual leave entitlement that increases with length of service
We’re based in central Birkenhead, easily accessible with great transport links, with some homeworking available.
Our Requirements – Graduate or Junior Software Engineer
You should be enthusiastic about the latest software trends and technologies and have a willingness to learn, progress and grow within the team. You’ll also have:
- Degree level education in Computer Science or relevant subject and / or a foundation of experience within a similar software engineering role
- Experience of a high-level programming language (Java, Python, NodeJS, TypeScript, C#)
- Appreciation of Software Development practices and design (OOAD, DDD, TDD, patterns)
Although not essential, exposure to any of the following would be advantageous:
- Developing desktop, web, or mobile applications
- Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP, Serverless, Containers)
- Database technologies (Oracle, MySQL, Mongo, DynamoDB, etc)
- DevOps Practices and Tools (Configuration as code, CI/CD, Docker)
- Experience of working in an agile environment
More about us:
Our head office is in Birkenhead and we have regional offices in Penrith and Swindon. Our software and services are used by major water operators in the UK and Ireland, South East Asia, the Middle East, the Caribbean and South America.
Established in 1985, Crowder Consulting consists of a growing team of over 120 consulting engineers, software developers and data analysts. As an SME, we are able to offer our leading Water Network Management System, Netbase, to water operators in the UK and internationally.
Our flagship Netbase System is a data rich hub that acts as a Digital Twin of our client water operators’ networks, with a suite of best practice applications providing source to tap insights for network monitoring, operation, optimisation, management and regulatory reporting. Our Netbase Digital Services Platform extends the value and insights of the Netbase Data Hub, providing advanced web-based technologies and solutions supporting innovative analytics, operational, field services and leakage activities.
Our people are at the heart of what we do, and we’re proud to say we’ve been Investors in People accredited since 2004, testament to our dedication to support all colleagues with their career development. We are looking for Junior Software Engineers or Computer Science graduates to join our Development Team and help drive the ambitious roadmap for our cloud-based solutions and services.
All applications for this Junior or Graduate Software Engineer vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
Apply: Send your CV and covering letter, quoting the above reference, by email to email@example.com
To find out more about us, please submit an enquiry online.
Alternatively, you can call us on +44 (0) 151 647 7772 during office hours (Monday – Friday 09:00 – 17:30)
or email firstname.lastname@example.org